Friday, April 08, 2005

Those mysterious eggs

Wow. So, after the favorable review by Lazlo regarding Andrew Bird's The Mysterious Production of Eggs,(Note to the Eagle, he got the title of the album from a magic book.) I decided to go ahead and take a listen. (For those just catching up, I loved Weather Systems, but not so much the stuff he did with Bowl of Fire so I was hesitating and waiting for the word from Lazlo who likes both sounds.) I was on my way home from being at dinner with the MuchachoMama and walking by Lauries Planet of Sound and decided to go old school and buy the CD hard copy. I was instantly pleased as the CD came with an egg! Filled with snacks and a notice about the CD release party. More about both of those later.

So this morning I took the NIN out of the CD player (it is a rare occasion when I take the time to switch out what I have in the CD player, but I had lots of time and actually remembered that I had a new CD.) Anywhoo, wow. You know its a good thing when you are listening to something for the first time in the background a room away while getting ready and its so good that you stop what you are doing to get yourself closer to the source. Specifically I am talking about Fake Palindromes (which my iPod has misspelled as Plaindromes). Jesus, 2:52 of pure joy. I found myself saying unconsciously 'brilliant.'

The rest of the album is great as well (any album that has as a refrain 'There will be snacks' is already tops of my list) but I immediately had to go back to the Palindromes so many times that I havent really spent enough time with it. It did, however, solidify that I will be attending his CD release party on the 16th. Anyone else game?

2 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger messages said...

My favorite is A Nervous Tic Motion Of The Head To The Left.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger unit410 said...

Definitely my second favorite, and almost required as a lead in to Palindromes. The two are very complimentary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home