Monday, April 04, 2005

Saturday sun/Being Careful/The big finish

What a marvelous weekend. On the quasi-recommendation of Hilesh, I spent Saturday morning with Eagle and Swinger listening to Guero to fantastic results. I think at points all of us found ourselves dancing in the apartment, probably me more than the others, but still. Great results. I dont know how Girl could possibly not end up being a hit this summer. Well, at the very least it will be a hit in our apt.
************************************
Some of you may have noticed that I have had a hard time crawling out of my hole these last couple of months. Truth be told, I have been rather depressed (not for any particular reason) and even more annoyingly in a terrible mood. And terrible doesnt begin to describe it. Just an awful cycle. I think I can safely say that the mood has passed for the moment. Man, this being human business can really get in your way of having a good time. Heres hoping I can keep it at bay for awhile again.
************************************
Well, Missy and I finished the Shamrock Shuffle this weekend. And we were even running when we finished! Now, we werent running the whole time but I would say that of the 5+ miles, we at least ran half of them. Not too bad for people who were not at all trained or ready for such a feat. On the high of that accomplishment we registered to do the Ravenswood 5k in our neighborhood and are thinking of doing a 10k in two weeks. However, before that I have to get new shoes. Some of you are familiar with the ongoing saga which is me trying to find shoes. Buying expensive shoes and once I have worn them and cant return them I find out that they arent the right fit for me and my feet are in pain. The good news is that my muscles werent sore after the race, just my feet hurt. I wonder what I will be capable of once my feet dont hurt. Most exciting possibility. Will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home