Friday, March 04, 2005

You always wanted a theme song, didnt you?

So theres a site out there designed to aid folks looking for a theme to their life. The basis of their theory - why not have your life themed on the song that was #1 on the day you were born. This sounded like a fantastic idea. So I checked it out.


So, first they make a point of saying that it is generally agreed that 1974 was a terrible year for music. But since I own the Singers and Songwriters collection, in its entirety, I ignored this.


I move down the weeks and see Jim Croce Time in a Bottle. Classic. I pretend I dont see Ray Stevens The Streak and move along. Oh, John Denver's Annie's Song. I love that song and had no idea it was released the year I was born. I ignore Clapton and move to Barry White. Oh yeah. Cant Get Enough of Your Love. Babe. So now I am just anxious to get to my week only to find out that Chicagos Handsomest Lead Singer (and fellow November birthday) got one of my favorite Stevie songs You Havent Done Nothing and I got jacked with Bachman-Turner Overdrive You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet. And the week after me is Lennon! Oh the injustice! To be birthed in between two greats like that. And now I cant get that song out of my head! Curses! I guess I will go back to my earlier, its-only-my-theme-because-I-say-it-is theme song, Alone Again Or.



Crap.


I hope you fare better than I did.


Ba ba ba ba ba ba Baby.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Donaldson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Donaldson said...

We talked about this briefly over breakfast (and thanks again), but as I said before, my song is Bill Withers, Lean On Me. A decent, although a little odd, choice for me, but I will take it.

What I found interesting is the way they've built an entire philiosophy-ala astrology-based on the charts. It just goes to show that if you can make somthing, really anything in the world, vague enough, people can adapt it to identify with a new peer group.

We all want to be loved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home