Thursday, March 10, 2005

meltdown, the first one

So I really am avoiding blogging about the wedding as much as possible as I realize that the details, while wildly fascinating to me, are of little interest to anyone who isnt also planning a wedding. But I had my very first wedding related meltdown which resulted in a really fantastic fight with the Eagle that we so needed to have, and I just wanted to mention it. It was a perfect fight. The Eagle really needed to do some whining and complaining and I really needed to be a covert martyr, suffering in silence, finally getting my moment of recognition of just how hard I have been working on the wedding.

Part of what makes our relationship so perfect is that while I cant manage to be angry for more than I day, I do enjoy the whole experience. But the Eagle has no tolerence for fighting so although he kinda hung up on me twice, he then called me back each time to talk about why he hung up and to make sure we cleared the air. Of course at the time I was being too righteous and indignant to care, but I know, somewhere in my mind, that I love that he loves me in such a way that he is less interested in being right than he is in being present to loving me. Tis an amazing thing, and no part of me takes any of that for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home