Thursday, April 21, 2005

Long train apparently

I really thought I was going to update this sooner. How time flies. Anywhoo...
While the apartment has certainly been missing The Swinger, and Navin is still obviously waiting for his return, Eagle and I are definitely taking advantage of having the apt to ourselves. We had forgotten that it had been awhile since we were just alone - not out together amongst other people, or in the apartment alone waiting for The Swinger to return. We had some fantastic chill out time. So great. And we are excited for The Swingers return on Sunday, wondering if he can top last years mexican death masks made by lesbians.


In race news, this weekend I am doing the Ravenswood 5k through my very own neighborhood. Considering it starts at 8am, I am glad I dont have to go far. And in related news, I had an all-time best continuous jogging distance on Tues. I jog around a rather large park and previously had only gotten around 2 sides before having to walk for a distance. Tuesday, I went 3 sides. And not only that, I kept up my usual walk/jog pace for the rest of the distance (I go around the park, and through the park, and back around, etc.) I felt so good about it that I havent gone back. I should do something about that tonight.


And in tasty news, Eagle and I are going to taste wedding cakes this weekend! This is the part of the wedding process I have been looking forward to the most. We got to request four types of cake to taste. My guess, pre-tasting, is that the Vienna will be the winner: 5 layers of yellow cake with alternating layers of custard, raspberry, and apricot filling topped with a white chocolate ganache. Jesus. And since we are also planning on having a sweets table, they are going to let us try some of their various pastries. Please let there be a napolean. Those are so my favorite. Wish I could remember how much I budgeted for dessert...


Random thoughts: This saturday is laser treatment #2. Will let you know if anything reportable happens. Next friday, the 29th, is Navin and Lashers birthday. Thinking about having a shindig. Will consult with the Swinger and then get back to you. And OH.MY.GOD friday is Eagles last day of work! (and no, he doesnt have another job yet but still...) yippee!

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Donaldson said...

Swinger here...

Sorry to disappoint, but the bring back situation is nada this year. I forgot that I had another school payment this check and am glad that I still get "treated" when I'm on Vay-Kay. Plus, how do I top lesbian made day of the dead masks?

I think a party for Los Dos Gatos is an excellent idea. We can tell Eagle that it's a belated, "Yay! You're unemployed!" party, but between you and I and LDG, it will be all for them. But would Saturday be better? I know how much you like to NOT go out on a Friday.

Good luck on the 5K, I know you can put it to bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home