Sunday, August 07, 2005

tests and results

So, for those of you who have been wondering, my test results were inconclusive. However, I did find out that my kidney functions better than the average human. (I am so competitive) Since I have had several kidney infections, that was good news. However, as I have mentioned, because my symptoms are so symptomatic for cancer that they are continuing tests. And in the meantime I am taking medication for IBS, just in case and why not. Once I saw the medication, I realized that I was prescribed this in Seattle when I brought the issue up to someone there. However, I thought I was supposed to take it AS I was getting sick. This time I am supposed to take it twice a day. Since it didnt work the first time, perhaps this new way will work. However, my symptoms dont really match, and frankly being diagnosed with IBS can be like being diagnosed with ADD. If they dont know what it is, they call it IBS.

Anyway, so I had my very first CT scan this morning. Not so bad all in all. When Eagle set the alarm he altered the time so I took half the Berium (which didnt taste bad, fyi) before realizing it was 5:30 instead of 6:30. And since I was having trouble sleeping, it was really annoying to be up that early. However, in this case it was certainly better to get up early rather than late. During the exam, I felt something I have never felt before which was the contrast literally flowing through my veins. I could feel it go up my arm and make its rounds through my body. Totally wild. And then I got really hot and felt like I had wet myself. Thankfully, she had warned me of this so I wasnt too wierded out, but wow, bizarre. If my doctor were in town I would get the results on Wed. However, it appears that now I will get them after Vegas. Not too big of a deal as I have another one to do that requires a different Berium. I hope that one doesnt taste bad either. And I really really hope they find something. This not knowing business is annoying. Not only do I like not knowing, but this is kinda all they know to do, and I cant imagine living like this.

And since so many of you are hospital bound, I just wanted to note that I love Illinois Masonic. Seriously. I wouldnt go anywhere else. Customer service up the wazoo.

I think I'll end this on wazoo. Has a nice ring to it. Will continue to keep you posted.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger messages said...

God, I hope this doesn't sound bad but I too have had the warm vein contrast thing so it feels nice to know a friend who did it too. Does that sound bad, bonding over that?

I feel it's important to say this in this (semi) public space: no matter what you need, I got your back. I mean that and I know that may sound oddly personal but we talk freely about this in these pages and in between the words, you know those spaces where you see what is not written we understand each other.

Does any of this make sense or should I stop writing things so late at night.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger unit410 said...

Talk away my friend, I think a lot more is gained by saying too much personal stuff than not saying enough. My co-workers who heard about my colonoscopy will, perhaps, disagree. But I wholeheartedly agree. For friends, there is nothing too personal. And thanks for the backing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home