Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Harry Potter (the other Potter)

I finished Harry Potter last night and am about to blog about it. While I wont reveal any spoilers, you may still not want to know my opinion about it. If so, stop reading.


So, all in all I was quite disappointed. While this book certainly leads up to the next book, the other books in the series were satisfying enough that the lead up to the next book just created suspense, but part of you was certainly satisfied with what you read. There are mini little plot points all along, but really, nothing I considered to be substantial at this point. Again, perhaps they will be interesting later, but they werent in this book. What I like about the previous books is how great the bait and switch is. This book only sets you up for later baits and switches. And, if I have guessed correctly a huge plot point already, I am going to be really ticked off. Regardless, it was enjoyable to read. I just dont think it lived up to her standards, and frankly read like someone else wrote parts of it. To me, some of the characterizations seemed off. For anyone who has read it and would like to discuss some spoiler points, leave em in the comments.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Donaldson said...

Where's the bit about "The Other Potter"...? And thanks for oh so subtle shout out. *wink*

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger unit410 said...

Are you kidding about the other Potter? Its Lonny silly.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Donaldson said...

I know who the other Potter is. I just wanted to hear something about him...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home