Friday, July 01, 2005

Words of a father

Most of the time when I talk to my dad I have to listen through a filter. Dad sometimes can take an extreme opinion on things (Dont go anywhere in Southeast Asia. Those people were selling children after the tsunami. It isnt safe.) And he watches Fox news, and not for entertainment. And Dad is a smart guy who has good points, you just sometimes have to shift through what he says to find the gold. And today he had a doosey. In response to me saying I was going to tell my boss about the trip today he wisely reminded me "If they let you go early, and you dont have a job when you go to get a mortgage, you are in serious trouble." Wow, he didnt even need to add any drama there. He was right on. I would be screwed with a capital S.
So, Eagle and I are seriously considering putting it on the market. This has come up previously as without two people living in it, it becomes quite the expense while we are gone. And it seems more often than not, the only the Iron Chef would be in it. And the rational part of me knows that we just dont need a place that nice. As remarkable and fantastic as it would be, we would be just as happy in a 'lesser' place. And according to our calculations, all the money I had is pretty much going to be gone. Which is not a bad thing, it got loaned out all over the place, used to pay for many many meals with friends, donated, and used for education --which is what I wanted it to do. But when its gone, its gone. So the idea of not having any expenses while we are out playing with yet unknown friends around the world is really appealing. And if I sell it, I can definitely quit my job on schedule and have nothing to worry about. I am going to take a closer look at this with Eagle. I cant figure out just what keeps me from immediately putting it on the market. Is it just that I wanted to finally move into a place that wasnt already falling apart? Could it really just be that juliet balcony off the master bedroom that has me swooning? Or is it the possibility that holding on to it could be a better investment for me? And my real estate guy recommended I not sell it yet, which seemed so out of character for a real estate guy (since if I sell it he makes money) that I am giving it some pause. Crap, I really didnt want to think about anything else right now.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger messages said...

So much going on, you need a mini vacation. Well, just so you know, there are people who got your back should you ever need anything. You've always done the same back.

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home