Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Some stuff

Well, I havent said anything in awhile, and I suppose that just in case someone is reading this I should say something. So much is going on, and very little of it, in the grand scheme of things, is important.
The most important would be Navin who appears to be doing ok. She still isnt walking well, but she is walking and eating and being a cat. I suppose thats all we can really hope for at this point. And she clearly is not getting worse. So there's that.

The whole wedding business has been interesting. I am feeling a tad overwhelmed at this point. It isnt that any one thing is un-handleable, its more that there is just SO much to do with the wedding, honeymoon, and condo. And clearly, these are fairly priviledged problems but that doesnt mean that I dont have to deal with all of it. And the thing about the wedding is that for Eagle and I, it really is a community event. We expect that our marriage will be a contribution to our community, and that our community will be a contribution to our marriage. And while people talk about how our wedding is about US, its so much more than that. Its about us, and our community, and the promises we make to each other in front of the people we care about. I think that if we wanted it to just be about us, then we should elope and have it be just about us. But that isnt how we want it. And to the end, I am so committed that people have a great time that I pre-panic about things. For instance, I think very few people have made reservations at the resort and man alive I worry that they wont be able to stay if they want to. And I literally wake up in the middle of the night wondering about the ettiquette of inviting just half of a family. So crazy. Anyway, I think this is why the honeymoon should be organized around relaxing. I watch Bridezilla on WE so I can be present to not quite being as crazy as those ladies. Yet.

Well, I think thats all the rambling for now. Time to panic about who can make it to the Bachelor/Bachelorette weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home