Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Junk in the trunk

So, last night amidst various wedding reality series on WE (see below) I got an email from iTunes which reminded me that its been awhile since I downloaded something. I checked on the most downloaded section for an obvious answer, and there it was. The new Black Eyed Peas. I consider the BEP to be a guilty pleasure of mine. While they had lots of cred pre-Fergie, their multitude of appearances at sporting events around the world have soured me a bit (and man I cant stand Fergie. Did you know she was on Kids Incorporated? Did I just out myself as having watched that show?) And yet, Elephunk is a fantastic album. Even with its sometimes questionable lyrics. So I downloaded Monkey Business. On first listen, I was not impressed. Of course, I have several more listens before forming a firm opinion, but the only thing that pleased me was that they have a 'junk in the trunk' song. I think Junk in the Trunk is possibly the best phrase to come out of hip hop in a long time. Forget that Crunk is now not only a noun, adjective, and blossoming music style, its got nothin' on JIT. It just doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home