Friday, December 30, 2005

Random Thoughts/ Funny story

Here is some stuff I just want to stop thinking about blogging and have no interest in making into some kind of narrative:

Top 3 reasons I think D was supposed to be on our honeymooon with us:

3. There was something about the places we went to that for some reason I kept thinking that D would really appreciate. After seeing how much he appreciated Vegas, I cant imagine the enthusiasm for something on the other side of the world.

2. On our walk back from getting groceries in Aitutaki, and island of 1000 people, we heard, blaring loudly, The Humpty Dance.

1. Sometime at the beginning of our trip we saw a 'classic' D woman, wearing a homestar runner t-shirt. We cant remember where exactly we saw her, but it was somewhere in French Polynesia. That was the clearest sign (hence number 1)

The best thing I brought with on the trip: band-aids.

The price of sun tan lotion in Bora Bora: $28 US.

Our favorite non-us show (that was just now brought to the US): Deal or No Deal. Their version is better than our Howie Mandel version.

People keep asking what our favorite part of the trip was. We went places that were so different its hard to say. Swimming with sharks was awesome. Climbing the Fox Glacier was most excellent. Sea kayaking in Doubtful Sound was amazing. Uluru (and the aboriginal culture) blew our minds. The water in French Polynesia is unlike anywhere else. Even though Aitutaki boasts to have the best lagoon, it cant hold a candle to Bora Bora. The singing on Rarotonga definitely was the best musical experience, and we heard a lot of great music. I might go back to Raro just to hear another church service. And the people we met were so gracious. Totally top notch.

So, funny story. Yesterday I was on my way into work and while exiting the train, the doors started to close. I reached out to push them open, as did the guy in front of me. As a result my hand was pinned between the door, and the wall. Normally this would have been a 'oh, ouch' and move along scenario. However, the finger that got stuck was the one with the granuloma on it. Within seconds my hand was covered in blood, literally dripping blood. You can imagine the guys face who did it. Complete shock and dumbfoundedness. I kept saying 'it was just an accident, dont worry about it. I work upstairs and will handle it there.' He keep staring at the inordinate amount of blood saying 'I am so sorry. What do we do. So sorry.' and then finally 'I have a wetnap.' I took the wetnap in hopes of making him feel better. I used it to keep blood off the floor. As I expected, all is fine. But the drama level was superb.

Speaking of which, I saw the doctor today for my pre-op physical. As usual, she was great. And Jamie and I were pleased to find out that I was not pregnant. Apparently both of us were concerned that I was, although we hadnt talked about it. I have been dizzy and feeling a general malaise, different than anything I have experienced before. Having never been pregnant and recently married, that was where both our minds went. Apparently Jamie was already preparing, and I was preparing for Jamies freakout. Truth be told, I have always been much more pro-life than I let on, well, particulary for myself. I am officially pro-choice because I think some decisions are too complex for me to judge and I will leave that to the persons involved and their maker if they have one (which is also why I am against the death penalty.) But for me, there is no real choice to be made. So while Jamie and I are not actively choosing to have kids, I wasnt too upset at the possibility of having one because, for me, when you are pregnant thats it. And still, glad to hear that wasnt what was going on. Now, I still dont know why I havent been feeling well, but frankly I dont care. As I told my doctor, its always a pleasure to see you, but frankly, we are seeing far too much of each other. I hope I dont see you again soon. She agreed.

Ok, rambling way too much.

5 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pregnancy - hmmmm, they know what causes that these days. Maybe you are just having sympathy symptoms for Heather. Michelle

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Donaldson said...

Some thoughts/questions:

1) Their version is better than our Howie Mandel version. I have yet to find an occasion where this statement does not apply.

2) I've run into a number of Pro-Choice people that are personally Pro-Life. Funny how that does not get in their way when it comes to letting other people make their own decisions. Now, if only the other side could get on board. Oh, wait, that would make us all Pro-Choice.

3) What, pray tell, is a "classic D woman"? You know, aside from the Homestar shirt?

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger unit410 said...

A classic D woman would basically be a hippy blonde with large breasts.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Donaldson said...

Hippy as in with large hips, or hippy as in lives in a van and wears poet shirts and patchouli and stuff...?

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger unit410 said...

I think the definition works either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home