Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Home

Well we are finally back home, and man it is good to be home. Sort of. Its been a less than stellar return for us. While we are so glad to be back and be able to talk to our friends and family, reality has delivered a whole bunch of 1-2 punches. Some highlights are that my mom and Eagles dad both fell and are in pain (both will be ok eventually), we were served with a lien for our building (which means we cant sell it til its resolved), my work paid me while I was gone which I have to repay so we have less money than we thought (and we were already broke), the only copy of our professional wedding photos was on a hard drive that crashed so we dont know if we will get those back (although there is still a chance), and I have a friend who isnt talking to me and from what I can tell may never talk to me. And I have surgery this week. And I am swampped at work, complete with having to make late night conference calls to China. And Eagle is sick. And the condo is in shambles.

Of course, all of this isnt necessarily bad. The issue with the friend not talking to me has brought up some really interesting things for Eagle and I to talk about. And some great changes in our lives are going to come out of it. Now, I cried about it for 6 1/2 hours but I think I am done. But it really brought up again all the things about the wedding that we were disappointed about. And to find out that the wedding was probably the last time I will see this friend was really upsetting. And really enlightening. We are now taking a good hard look at where we put our energy and money. Now that he and I are a family, we need to make sure that we arent wasting our energy on efforts that arent reciprical. And that is hard for both of us, because these people mean a lot to us, but we have a future to create and a partnership to nourish. Above and beyond the issue with my friend, we also cant be flying all over the country to visit friends who dont call and dont ever come to visit. Literally, we spend almost all our vacation time visiting people. That time, money, and energy could best be spent somewhere else. And please dont misunderstand, we arent talking about all our friends here, and certainly realize the importance of our good friends. And we arent angry at anyone who isnt reciprical, we just realize we cant put all the effort in by ourselves to make the friendship work. Part of us feels guilty about it, but when we think about it we realize that they are just already doing what we want to do. They spend their vacations in Hawaii or Europe or wherever, taking care of their marriage/relationship/family. We've been fools for not doing the same. And to reiterate, we love these people, think they are great, we just arent going to spend as much time and energy on the relationships.

Anyway, back to the good things. Of course, the surgery is a good thing as my finger is SOOO gross. The rest of it, well, it makes me laugh (with the exception of our parents pain of course). For some reason I have been convinced all along that something had happened with our wedding photos so I was already prepared for that. And, they could end up being just fine. Who knows. And with work, well, salary review comes up at the beginning of the year so heres hoping that all this work will pay off then.

More good news is that Eagles mom and step-dad are coming out for the holidays. We are quite excited as this will make it a large Christmas celebration as my family is coming to the city as well. We even bought furniture for the occasion! Unfortunately our table wont be in on time so we have to put up some card tables at my brothers. But I kinda like the idea of the whole family taking a walk down Lawrence together to have dinner.

Other good news is that Eagle had a good interview with the Baha'i today. We are hoping for a job offer before Christmas so we can celebrate that with his mom and Rick.

Ok, still going to post some honeymoon wrap-up in a bit, but all this was really wanted to be said so I did that first.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger messages said...

Good Luck this week, Ms. Demagog. In my treatments we had a tradition of speaking the ailment and saying "be gone."

So, Pyrogenic Granuloma Be Gone!!!!!!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We both understand your revelations. We both love you both. Maxine does too, though not Jaimie yet because she will still have to sniff him once or twice before that happens. We are open to your future and expect to be around for a very long time in your lives. That said, Happy New Years, lots of love, and we will talk to you soon.

Love,
Mark Samuel and Greg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home