Monday, May 23, 2005

I was this close / What is Sith (its it)

Eagle and I had quite a delightful weekend this weekend, culminating in the Shirtsagainst.org Texas Hold Em Tournament. Yours truly made an unlikely and (I think) remarkable comeback to not only make it to the final round, but to make it to the final 2. However, lack of time caused a 'whoever has the most chips wins' resolution to the evening which had me come in second. It was a delightful 'loss' and I felt really great about how I played, whose tells I figured out, and not pouting for too long when I got spanked by The Swinger early on.
And the rest of the event was fantastic as well, wonderful food, even better people, and a great festive atmosphere. Eagle and I are pleased to think that perhaps a couple more people may have caught the gambling bug. And now that we have recently acquired a great set of chips, you can be almost certain that upcoming events in Apt 3S will include some good wholesome Texas fun.


*********


On Friday, Eagle, the BossMan, Missy and I went to see Sith. Overall, I thought it had the majesty and magnitude that we have come to hope for from the franchise. And, also as expected, it had some really terrible scenes that made me wonder "Did they really not have enough time to do another take on that?" But more than anything, I was really present to how fortunate the fans are that Lucas made these. It was an amazingly difficult task (when was the last time you saw a series of six sequels/prequels that were all really great, not to mention that the first three were already iconic) and under intense scrutiny. That he bothered, when he didnt have to, is really admirable in my book. We wondered what these 3 would be like, and now we know. I love it when curiousity is fulfilled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home